Can Yacon Syrup Help You Lose Weight?
Losing weight with the natural herbs has become the common practice these days. The scientific research on the natural herbs has revealed the health benefits and weight loss abilities of many herbs. Experts have utilized those herbs to prepare the natural supplements so that everyone around the world can take the advantage. The latest yet the most exciting discovery by this ongoing research, is the Yacon Syrup that is gaining the popularity in customers and health experts for its health benefits.
Yacon Syrup is a natural substance obtained from the root of potato plant. This natural substance had been in use by the natives of Peru as the food sweetener. Over the time, it became the widely used food and beverage sweetener all around the world. Later, the experts and scientists conducted the research and studies and revealed that this natural substance has ability to cure some digestive issues. The research is ongoing and by the time the research found many health benefits and weight loss abilities of this natural compound.
Dr. Oz Research on Yacon Syrup
Dr. Oz the famous health expert is continuously working on natural compounds. In his Health show on TV, he has so far introduced many natural alternatives for the easy and safe yet the quick and effective weight loss. Recently, Dr. Oz has approved the Yacon Syrup as the natural remedy for those who want to shed some extra pounds without any side effect.
Dr. Oz started his research by conducting a clinical trial on the Yacon Syrup. Dr. Oz and his team asked some obese people who were interested to lose weight to give a try to this natural compound. About 60 overweight women took part in this clinical trial.
The volunteers were instructed to take a single teaspoon of Yacon Syrup daily before each and every meal. Overall, women took 3 to 4 teaspoons of Yacon Syrup per day. The diet routine of the volunteers was carefully observed. At the end of the study, about 40 women experienced significant results.
The results of clinical trial illustrate that:
- About 29 women experienced a significant drop in body weight
- The average weight loss result of 29 volunteers was 2.9 pounds
- The average weight of 14 volunteers was 5 pounds
- The volunteers experienced a reduction in the waistline up to an average of 1.9 inches
- The total weight loss sum of all the volunteers was observed 153 pounds
Many of the volunteers who experienced the significant weight loss, they suggested the Dr Oz Yacon Syrup to the obese people for a natural, easy yet the effective weight loss. Another clinical study was also conducted by the health experts in Argentina. About 55 obese volunteers took part in the study. The volunteers were instructed to take 2 to 4 teaspoon of Yacon syrup every day.
On Nov, 2013 Dr OZ Called it “Metabolism Game Changer”
However, during the study period, volunteers were asked to walk for 45 minutes twice a week and balance their calorie intake. After 4 months, the results were calculated.
The results of the study illustrate:
- The volunteers lost an average of 33 pounds of body weight
- The reduction of an average 4 inches in the waistlines was also observed
- Along with weight reduction, increased insulin levels and reduced LDL cholesterol levels were also noted
- On the basis of the results of clinical studies, experts concluded that the Yacon Syrup doesn’t only aid the weight management but it also improves the overall health and promotes the healthy digestive system.
Why Yacon syrup could be the next big thing in weight loss?
Dr. Oz, on the basis of his research, approved this natural liquid as the Valuable weight loss compound.
He further approved that:
- Yacon Syrup is high in prebiotics, such as inulin and fructooligosaccharides (FOS).
- FOS resist breakdown by enzymes in the human digestive system and reach the colon without being digested, resulting in a low calorie count for yacon syrup.
- FOS also acts as a soluble fiber, which increases stool bulk to help prevent and control constipation.
“Based on what I have seen, it appears to be safe, it is widely available, and may help with weight loss as well as cholesterol control. It should be used in modest quantities, as high levels can cause diarrhea and cramping,” says Dr. Neal Barnard
“A 2.9 pound and 1.9 inch waist reduction is exactly what one wants in a 3.5 week period. Pretty darn good!
Nothing works for everyone, but that this worked for two thirds is probably great,” says Dr. Mike Roizen
How does it work?
The studies illustrate that the Yacon extracts contain a high amount of a substance Fructooligosaccharide that acts as a prebolic and increases the amount of “skinny bacteria” in the human body so that it helps to get thinner. However, the latest research has found that the Yacon Syrup can supercharge the metabolism, and suppress the appetite to help with the weight loss. It actually lowers the level of hunger hormone Ghrelin that helps to reduce the food cravings.
“This helps to feel full, but it also helps to control the insulin. This is an amazing discovery in light of the fact that we are noticing the debilitating effects of diabetes in so many of our citizens” says a health expert.
Is it safe to use?
The studies illustrate that the Yacon syrup actually strengthens the good bacteria and helps get rid of the bad bacteria. It is 100% natural and doesn’t cause any side effects. Many people have used it and experienced the significant weight loss results with the overall improved health.
Where to buy?
Those who want to shed some extra pounds in a natural manner, they should give a try to the Yacon Syrup.